MGW Pico Encoder
Ultra-Compact, Low Latency H.264 Encoding & Streaming Appliance
- World's smallest professional HD H.264 encoder with 3G/HD/SD-SDI and Composite inputs
- Superb HD/SD H.264 compression quality up to 1080p
- Up to 2 simultaneous H.264 encoding channels
- Zixi Error Correction and Pro-MPEG FEC built-in for reliable stream transmission
- Full-frame snapshots while streaming
- Metadata support: MISB KLV / STANAG and CoT (SDI, IP and Serial)
- Under 6 Watts power consumption
- Industrial-grade, fanless design
The MGW Pico Encoder is the world's smallest H.264 HD/SD portable encoding appliance. With 3G/HD/SD-SDI and Composite inputs, low power consumption and robust industrial design, the appliance is ideal for any video field-based streaming application.
The MGW Pico Encoder features a unique ultra-compact design with no moving parts and is 100% silent. It provides two simultaneous H.264 encoding channels (HD+SD) with on-the-fly bit rate change, advanced scaling and frame rate sampling. Additionally, while streaming, MGW Pico Encoder provides full-frame snapshot capture delivered over IP or stored in internal memory.
To ensure reliable stream delivery on private and public networks including the Internet, MGW Pico encoder features Zixi™ stream protection or industry standard SMPTE 2022 Pro-MPEG error correction technology. With Zixi, the appliance protects video, audio and metadata on networks which exhibit up to 30% packet loss or data corruption, and provides low latency adaptive bitrate streaming (ABR) to adjust the video quality to the available network bandwidth in real time.
For sensitive applications, the MGW Pico Encoder supports KLV metadata ingest from SDI, IP or Serial and delivers stream in compliance with STANAG 4609 and MISB standards.
The MGW Pico Encoder is also available as a PCB-only subsystem in two selectable integration options with a comprehensive API for command and control over IP.
- Point-to-Point video contribution with low delay
- Satellite News Gathering and Field Broadcasting
- Intelligence security and surveillance (ISR) video from mobile and airborne / ground vehicles over RF link or satellite
- Dissemination of situational awareness and full motion video (FMV) content across LANs and WANs
- Full HD 1080p monitoring
Engage. Empower. Evolve.
Harness the power of VITEC IPTV, Streaming Videos & Digital Signage Solutions that can be tailored to each customer's unique marklet needs, with easy-to-use video technologies for seamless distribution in a multitude of formats anytime, anywhere, to any device.