Collection of Your Personal Information
As part of our activities, we collect and maintain your personal information. For example:
- When you register on our website to request information or a login to the Support Portal, you may provide us with certain personal information including your name and email address.
- To login to the VITEC Support Portal, you will also be asked to choose a unique password, which will be used solely for the purpose of providing access to your user account.
- During the recruiting process, by applying per email to a job opening you may provide us with personal information.
- You may provide us with information in the course of customer support interactions, email exchanges and surveys.
- We use the Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring URL, files accessed, errors generated, time zone, operating system and other visitor details collected in our log files to analyze visit trends, administer the website, track visitor's movements and to improve our website. We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- We also collect data via cookies (see section below).
We use your personal information for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. For example:
- To provide you with information about a VITEC product or service which you requested.
- To provide you with other information relating to our products, services or events, which we believe could be of interest to you.
- To invite you to participate in events held by us or by third parties, in surveys and seek your views in relation to VITEC’s products and services.
- To analyze online experience of visitors for marketing purposes in order to improve our products and services.
Links from our Website
Sharing of Information
In some instances personal data may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. For example, this may happen if one of our service providers is located in a country outside the EEA. We also share information between our affiliates, business partners, or other carefully selected third parties which may be located in other countries worldwide. Countries outside the EEA may not have similar data protection laws to those within the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
We ensure data protection compliance across the organization through:
- Implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures including internal data protection policies, staff training, internal audits of processing activities, and reviews of HR practices.
- Maintaining relevant documentation on processing activities.
- Implementing appropriate data protection by design, data collection, storage and processing security measures, as well as physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise your rights to access, correct, update or remove any personal information, you may do so either by accessing your user profile or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
In accordance with local law in your region, you may have additional rights regarding the processing of your personal information. For example under GDPR, you have the following specific rights in respect of the personal data we process:
- The right to erasure of personal data, to restriction of processing, right to data portability, right to object and right in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as it is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. We maintain a data retention policy in this respect.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority of VITEC’s main establishment:
CNIL (Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés)
3 Place de Fontenoy TSA 80715
75334 PARIS CEDEX 07, France
Or, in case the subject matter relates to VITEC’s German affiliate:
Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit (BfDI)
53117 BONN, Germany
Last update February 2021