MGW Ace Decoder
Professional-grade Low Latency 4K HEVC, H.264 & MPEG-2 Decoder
- HEVC, H.264 & MPEG-2 low latency decoding of UHD/HD or SD IP feeds
- Broadcast quality decoding up to 4:2:2, 10 bits with HDR support
- Reliable, low-latency stream delivery with built-in Zixi™, SRT, RIST and ProMPEG stream protection
- Rich, industry-standard video and audio output interfaces to match any setup
- Time-synchronised playback across several decoders
- Closed captioning, DVB-ASI and Genlock support
- Audio Talkback / IFB for easy communication between teams
- Compact portable design with 19” 1RU rack mount kit option
- Available as a portable appliance or openGear card
Broadcast quality, low latency and reliable decoding solution for demanding professional applications
The MGW Ace Decoder is a single channel multi-codec decoder that delivers reliable, broadcast-quality decoding of HEVC, H.264 or MPEG-2 streams up to UHDp60 4:2:2 10 bits (respectively Main422 10P@L5.1, Hi10@L4.2 and HL@HP) with HDR support.
The MGW Ace Decoder is available either as a portable appliance featuring a robust enclosure perfectly suited for field use or as an openGear card for easy integration within production studios broadcast facilities. Both product versions provide best-in-class video quality over a rich and industry-standard audio/video connectivity.
High-quality video and versatile connectivity
The MGW Ace Decoder provides pristine video quality and versatility with its high-end video scaling, frame sampling and de-interlacing for any stream to any output resolution or frame rate. It offers a wide range of video connectivity with 12G-SDI, HDMI2.0, SD-SDI and composite outputs which can be activated simultaneously.
To cover any broadcast setup, the MGW Ace Decoder features a genlock reference input (limitations apply). It delivers audio as embedded in SDI/HDMI as well as separate over analog balanced or unbalanced stereo audio and digital AES outputs. IP feeds can be received from two Ethernet ports to match any network topology (each port is configurable as management and/or streaming ports) or from the DVB-ASI input.
Optimal Quality of Service
The MGW Ace Decoder is designed to always provide the best possible viewing experience. Shipping with Zixi™, SRT, RIST and SMPTE 2022 Pro- MPEG streaming protection technology included, the appliance protects video, audio and metadata on networks with up to 30% packet loss or data corruption. When paired with the MGW Ace Encoder for point-to-point applications, the solution provides bandwidth efficient, artefact-free video streaming over any network, including the Internet.
With its stream forwarding feature, the MGW Ace Decoder is able to decode the HEVC or H.264 stream over its baseband video outputs while delivering the stream for IPTV distribution within a private LAN / WAN network. Additionally, the Ace Decoder provides industry-standard SMPTE 2022 ProMPEG error correction technology for compatibility with other encoders. It offers flexible connectivity options with H.264 and MPEG-2 backward compatibility.
Due to its flexible FPGA architecture, the MGW Ace Decoder is a futureproof solution that allows you to stay ahead of the game.
Get the best of your team in the field
The MGW Ace Decoder IFB/Talkback feature provides an easy communication path between remote teams, removing the need for mobile phones.
- DSNG contribution decode over satellite, cellular networks and more
- Remote / At Home production (REMI) over dedicated transmission links or the Internet
- Point-to-point live contribution on private or public networks
- Low latency point-to- point contribution over the Internet using Zixi™ or SMPTE 2022 ProMPEG
- Situational awareness and Full Motion Video (FMV) display on video walls and monitors
- HEVC, H.264 or MPEG-2 IP feed monitoring over SDI / HDMI or Composite
Engage. Empower. Evolve.
Harness the power of VITEC IPTV, Streaming Videos & Digital Signage Solutions that can be tailored to each customer's unique marklet needs, with easy-to-use video technologies for seamless distribution in a multitude of formats anytime, anywhere, to any device.