VITEC - MGW Ace Decoder - Professional Portable HEVC & H.264 Decoder
- Encoders & Decoders
- IPTV & Digital Signage
- Media Servers & Transcoders
- Portable Appliances
- Rugged Appliances
- Modular Blade Systems
- PCle Cards
- EZ TV Platform
- Portable Converters
- Pattern Generators
- Portable Decoders
- Rackmount Decoders
- PCIe Decoders
- IP Transcoders
- DVB Gateway
- MGW Decoder
- MGW ChannelLink
- MGW Prism Advanced
- MGW Micro Premium Encoder
- Extensor SDI4Mosaic
- MGW Mosaic
- MGW Diamond TOUGH
- MGW Diamond
- EZ TV Platform - IPTV Digital Signage
- IPTV Digital Signage End Points
- Video Wall Processors
- Digital Signage
- Media Library
- Video Streaming to Mobile Devices
- IPTV Security and Stream Reflection
- Extensor SDI2ANA
- MGW Prism
- Extensor VPG-70
- Extensor HD Scaler
- MGW Ace Encoder
- MGW Ace Decoder
- MGES 7000
- Extensor ANA2SDI
- MGW Pico
- MGES 6000
- MGW Vision
- MGW Nano
- Extensor HDMI2SDI
- IPTV Blade System
- MGW Sprint
- Extensor SDI2HDMI
- MGW Nano TOUGH
- MGW DVB
- MGW Pico TOUGH
- VITEC Playout Server
MGW Ace Decoder
Professional Portable HEVC & H.264 Decoder
- HEVC & H.264 low latency decoding of HD/SD IP feeds
- Broadcast quality decoding up to 4:2:2, 10 bits
- Reliable, low-latency stream delivery with built-in Zixi, SRT and ProMPEG stream protection
- Rich, Industry standard video and audio output interfaces to match any setup
- Time-synchronized playback across several decoders
- Closed captioning, DVB-ASI and Genlock support
- Audio Talkback / IFB for easy communication between teams
- Future-proof design with 4K support in the roadmap
- Compact portable design with 19” 1RU rack mount kit option
- Available as a compact portable appliance or as an openGear card
MGW Ace Decoder is a professional grade, high performance IP decoder supporting the bandwidth efficient HEVC/H.265 and H.264/AVC compression standards.
The decoder provides 4:2:2 10-bit HEVC and H.264 decoding from IP or DVB-ASI as well as genlock support. Ready for 4K with its 12G-SDI and HDMI outputs, the decoder is capable of supporting your contribution application where density and reliability matters
MGW Ace Decoder is available either as a portable appliance featuring a robust enclosure perfectly suited for field use or as an openGear card for easy integration within production studios and broadcast facilities (up to 10 decoders can be hosted in the openGear chassis). Both product versions provide best-in-class video quality over a rich and industry-standard audio/video connectivity.
Best-in-Class Video Quality and Versatile Connectivity
MGW Ace Decoder provides pristine video quality and versatility with its high quality video scaling, frame sampling and de-interlacing for any stream to any output resolutions/frame rate.
The appliance offers a large panel of video connectivity with 12G-SDI, 3G-SDI, HDMI2.0 and composite outputs which can be activated simultaneously. It delivers audio as embedded in SDI/HDMI as well as separate over analog balanced or unbalanced stereo audio and digital AES outputs. To cover any broadcast setup, the decoder features genlock reference input.
Live feeds can be received from two ethernet ports to match any network topology (each port is configurable as management and/or streaming ports) or from the DVB-ASI input.
Optimal Quality of Service
Covering an event or for sensitive applications, MGW Ace Decoder is designed to always provide the best possible viewing experience and never miss a single frame. Shipping with Zixi™, SMPTE 2022 Pro-MPEG and SRT streaming protection technology, the appliance protects video, audio and metadata on networks with up to 30% packet loss or data corruption. When paired with MGW Ace Encoder for point-to-point applications, the solution provides bandwidth efficient, artifacts-free video streaming over any network including the Internet.
With its stream forwarding / Network Protocol Translation (NPT) feature, MGW Ace Decoder can decode the HEVC or H.264 stream over its baseband video outputs while delivering the stream for IPTV distribution within a private LAN/WAN network.
For remote production, when paired with VITEC MGW Ace Encoder, the pair deliver zero-latency IP contribution with 16-millisecond glass-to-glass latency in HEVC 4:2:2 10-bit, thanks to VITEC HEVC GEN2+ codec. This groundbreaking technology provides best-in-class HEVC video quality up to 4:2:2 10 bit, setting new industry standards in video quality, bit rate, and latency.
MGW Ace Decoder features time-synchronized playback, ensuring perfect synchronization of multiple independent IP streams for house of worship, remote production, or any live application where IP streams must be played back in sync.
The video industry is moving fast, providing continuous quality improvement and larger resolution for the best viewing experience. With its unique flexible FPGA architecture, MGW Ace Decoder is a future proof solution and ensures staying ahead of the game. VITEC will deliver software options to support up to 4K60p 4:2:2 10 bits HEVC streams (Main422 10P@L5.1) and more.
- DSNG contribution decode over satellite, cellular networks and more
- Remote / At Home production (REMI) over dedicated transmission links or the Internet
- Point-to-Point live contribution on private or public networks
- Low Latency Point-to-Point contribution over the Internet using Zixi or ProMPEG
- Situational Awareness and Full Motion Video (FMV) display on video walls and monitors
- HEVC and H.264 IP feed monitoring over SDI / HDMI or Composite