VITEC’s openGear Solution
openGear is an open-architecture modular frame system supported by a diverse range of equipment manufacturers.
Suitable to IP video projects, openGear, designed by Ross Video, delivers reliability and performance for continuous operation, with adaptive cooling, redundant power supplies and hot swappable capability. The platform offers the freedom to choose technology from a wide range of products for the broadcast, enterprise and military markets. VITEC provides IP encoding and decoding openGear cards to address dense IPTV applications such as remote production, contribution, distribution, full motion video and more.
The openGear flexibility coupled with VITEC openGear cards allow several configurations, such as fitting in a 2RU:
- x10 UHD HEVC decoder for multichannel / dense decoding applications such as contribution or direct-to-web applications (x10 MGW Ace Decoder OG)
- x10 UHD HEVC encoder for 4K contribution (x10 MGW Diamond OG)
- x40 HD HEVC/H.264 encoding channels for IPTV distribution (x10 MGW Diamond OG)
- x8 HD encoding/decoding channels for full-duplex applications (x2 MGW Diamond OG and x8 MGW Ace Decoder OG)
OGX chassis delivers:
- 2RU height
- Redundant Power supply (as an option)
- Shared Gigabit Ethernet port for simplified card management and configuration
- Shared Genlock Reference across cards (x2)
- Dashboard client software for simplified management of openGear cards and chassis
openGear OGX chassis
The openGear chassis provides density and flexibility allowing a mix and match of cards between vendors and allows up to 20 single slot cards in the same chassis. Most openGear cards from VITEC, including MGW Ace Decoder OG and MGW Diamond OG fit within 2 slots leading to a density of up to 10 cards per chassis.