MGW Ace Encoder is the world's first H.265 & H.264 hardware encoder in a professional-grade, low footprint, compact streaming appliance. With real-time 100% hardware HEVC compression, MGW Ace Encoder enables users to stream broadcast quality 1080p video with up to 50% bandwidth savings compared to today's H.264 standards.
Powered by VITEC HEVC GEN2+ encoder, MGW Ace Encoder delivers the industry's best video quality enabling users to stream broadcast quality HD/SD video with up to 50% bandwidth savings compared to H.264. Additionally, the codec now supports Ultra Low Latency (ULL) streaming in HEVC for a glass-to-glass latency down to 65ms.
From live news broadcasting in the field, point-to-point contribution of HD video, live streaming from or within sports venues to distribution of mission-critical military imagery - MGW Ace makes it more efficient than ever to deliver the highest quality IPTV streams over satellite links, private networks and over the internet. Powered by VITEC HEVC GEN2+, an all-hardware compression chip, MGW Ace Encoder sets new industry standards in video quality, bit rate, and latency. This revolutionary encoder provides best-in class HEVC video quality up to 4:2:2 10-bit and an encoding latency down to 10ms in ULL mode for an impressive 65ms glass to glass latency.
Integrating with any video environment, the MGW Ace Encoder offers a large selection of input including 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, DVI, HDMI and Composite video as well as analog and digital audio (embedded and discrete). The on-board hardware scaler can be used for real-time downscaling, cropping and frame-sampling, delivering an optimized video output for your application. A built-in video matrix enables routing of video sources to both the HEVC and H.264 compression cores for simultaneous H.265 and H.264 streaming.
The portable HEVC encoder features low power consumption compared to software-based HEVC encoders running on large multi-CPU servers. MGW Ace makes it possible to take next generation HEVC encoding from the server rooms into the field for broadcast applications with easy integration to transport cases, TV trucks, portable cases, vehicles and aircraft. Covering an event or for sensitive applications, MGW Ace Encoder is designed to always provide the best possible viewing experience. Shipping with Zixi™ stream protection technology, the appliance protects video, audio and metadata on networks with up to 30% packet loss or data corruption.
VITEC’s MGW Ace Encoder is the world’s first all-hardware HEVC ISR encoding system to receive the JITC certification, ensuring it delivers a HEVC MISB-Compliant IP stream. With KLV / STANAG military metadata support, MGW Ace enables government and military entities to dramatically reduce network bandwidth utilization while delivering higher video quality for any Situational Awareness (SA) or Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
To read more about MGW Ace Encoder video quality accomplishment thanks to VITEC's HEVC GEN2+ encoding core, click the link below.
- Satellite News Gathering and Field Broadcasting
- Point-to-Point video contribution at any bitrate
- Streaming Situational Awareness and FMV content across LANs and WANs
- Intelligence Security and Surveillance (ISR) video from ground and airborne vehicles
- Full HD 1080p monitoring and Command and Control
- Encoding and multicasting High-Res HDMI / DVI / Computer sources
- Sharing PC Screen views over IP with local and remote users
- Streaming Full Motion Video to Desktop, TV and Mobile Devices over bandwidth-limited pipes
DownloadMGW Ace Datasheet
MGW Ace - High Res Image
- Best-in-class video quality with next-generation HEVC/H.265 compression support (powered by VITEC HEVC GEN2+ codec)
- Reduces network bandwidth by up to 50% compared to H.264 (or increases video quality by 100% at same bitrate)
- Reduces costs associated with dedicated Satellite, Cellular, Broadband network pipes
- Supports both HEVC and H.264 – built for the future without losing support for legacy receivers/decoders
- KLV / STANAG metadata ingest and multiplexing – JITC-Compliant
- Transport infrastructure agnostic: Satellite, xDSL, LANs, WANs, 3G/4G/LTE and FTTx
- Portable, low-power hardware design – optimized for field use and for vehicles (28VDC power input)