MGW Decoder decodes multiple SD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 H.264 IP streams for re-encoding to other formats or lower bit rates. The dense, 8-channel, 2RU rack-mountable platform features a hardware-based decoding engine and auto-start mode for fast recovery. It provides ancillary data pass-through as well as support for closed captioning and remote management capabilities.
By providing a robust solution for receiving IP content at an affordable cost per channel without replacing existing infrastructure, the modular, scalable MGW Decoder empowers legacy RF cable systems as well as corporate and government facilities to pace their migration from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 H.264 content.
- Receive IP H.264 feeds for RF/QAM cable TV systems
- Decode GBS MPEG-2/4 IP streams for local encoders
- Re-encode IP content to change format/data rate
- Deliver IP video from the network to monitor walls
- Decode IP video from network to video switchers
- Monitor multicast streams on TV/LCD monitors
DownloadMGW Decoder - Low Res Image
MGW Decoder Datasheet
- Multi-channel HD/SD Hardware-based decoding platform
- Remote management • Multi-format MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264
- Auto-start mode for fast recovery
- Closed captioning support (608/708)