Technical Support Engineer
About the Role
The Technical Support Team, part of the VITEC Customer Success global team, is based in Dalgety Bay, Fife. The team provides global post-sales support to our network of partners (resellers and distributors). Together with the broader support team including Solutions Consultants based around the world, we also assist the global sales team with pre-sales technical enquiries.
As a company we are committed to finding, developing, and retaining an innovative, creative, and diverse group of talented and dedicated professionals.
The position of Technical Support Engineer will involve the following duties on a day to day basis:
- Providing email/telephone support to our partners between 8am and 6pm, Monday - Friday
- Assisting our sales team and solutions consultants with pre-sales technical enquiries
- Troubleshooting problems/answering questions related to:
- Our IPTV and digital signage products/solutions
- Digital video and broadcast TV
- IP networking and IP multicast
- Integration with 3rd party products
- Assisting partners and application developers to integrate with our products using our published APIs
- Writing knowledgebase articles to share information both internally and externally
The role will also involve the following on an occasional basis:
- Travel (mainly in the UK or Western Europe) in order to assist with equipment installation and/or troubleshooting.
- Out of hours working, sometimes on an on-call rota
The successful candidate will be:
- A technical professional with 1-2 years experience in post-sales support, pre-sales support and/or field engineer roles
The ideal candidate will meet many of the below criteria:
- Qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering, Networking or related field
- Good general skills in computing and technology
- Knowledge of IP network-based products and IP networking solutions
- Knowledge of digital audio/video technologies
- Skills in software, shell scripting and/or web development
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- The ability to build customer relationships
- The desire and commitment to provide great customer service
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. VITEC is a pioneer in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP. Our end-to-end video streaming solutions enable customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. VITEC’s award-winning IPTV platform is a powerful suite of services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. Our encode/decode solutions are 100% hardware based, including PCIe cards with SDK for custom design or OEM for high-performance video systems.
Headquartered in Paris, France, we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
How to Apply
VITEC is an equal opportunity employer, and the only thing that matters to us is your ability to do this role. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with an indication of your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply now for Technical Support Engineer
Other open positions
Stay in Touch with VITECFollow us on social media:
VITEC Green InitiativeVITEC’s Positive Green Choices to Go Carbon Neutral in 2021
Pioneering The Field of Technology
VITEC has been pioneering the field of MPEG technology ever since it introduced the world's first MPEG-1 encoder for Micro Computers in 1992.