This is a full-time, hourly position, with required office hours between 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. 40 hours a week.
Under the direction of the Senior Logistics Manager, the Production Technician will assist in the day-to-day configuration of cutting-edge IPTV and Full-Motion-Video streaming solutions. The Production Technician will write and follow procedures to configure and troubleshoot complex systems and networking issues relative to IPTV deployments.
The Production Technician will assist with and learn to integrate, test and follow-up support of a broad range of IPTV technologies. These include encoders, decoders, transcoders, middleware, set-top box, video on demand, DRM, web servers and mobile devices.
Key Duties of the role:
- Setup, document, test and configuration of production benches.
- Daily configuration of orders as per instructions.
- Provide support to pre/post sales engineering team as needed.
- Ensure a clean and orderly work environment following established housekeeping guidelines.
- Work proactively to ensure produced products meet established specifications as outlined in the quality system.
- May have to assist in shipping/receiving activities.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Key Requirements of the role:
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and cross-functional skills and planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Learn a broad array of technologies and apply knowledge to real-world problems.
- Focus on the customer experience for both internal and external customers and partners.
- Demonstrate broad understanding of how major components fit into an end-to-end video TV broadcast head end system.
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Associates degree.
- Two or more years of IT systems / network / Communications installation and support experience.
- Good understanding of computers, networks and other IT equipment.
- CompTIA A+ certification or similar preferred
- Hardware / Electronics rework experience preferred
- Some physical demands are required for this position. Must be able to lift demonstration equipment of up to 50 lbs.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organizations harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. VITEC is a pioneer in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP. Our end-to-end video streaming solutions enable customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. VITEC’s award-winning IPTV platform is a powerful suite of services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. Our encode/decode solutions are 100% hardware based, including PCIe cards with SDK for custom design or OEM for high-performance video systems.
Headquartered in Paris, France, we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
How to Apply
VITEC is an equal opportunity employer, and the only thing that matters to us is your ability to do this role. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with an indication of your salary expectations to email@example.comApply now for Production Technician
Other open positions
Stay in Touch with VITECFollow us on social media:
VITEC Green InitiativeVITEC’s Positive Green Choices to Go Carbon Neutral in 2021
Pioneering The Field of Technology
VITEC has been pioneering the field of MPEG technology ever since it introduced the world's first MPEG-1 encoder for Micro Computers in 1992.