IPTV Support Engineer
About the role
This is a full-time salaried position, with required office hours between 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm. 40 hours a week.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Sales Engineering this position is responsible for post-sales activities related to VITEC’s comprehensive range of video streaming solutions and products. The IPTV Support Engineer will have the experience necessary to help build out our existing infrastructure in order to enhance our product offering, be active in promoting and evangelizing VITEC technologies in the target markets, and troubleshoot problems as they arise (internal and at the field).
The position is based out of headquarters’ office in Atlanta, GA. Travel to customer sites and
tradeshows / conferences up to 20% (annual average. Months with low or high peaks are to be expected).
- Be the main point of contact for our on-site technicians on all technical issues.
- Participate in and spearhead IPTV solutions post-sales activities in the Sports & Entertainment, Broadcast, Corporate, Government and Military markets.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical, system-level and software/integration level problems experienced by VITEC’s customers.
- Work with VITEC’s Sales team on discovering new business opportunities, promoting VITEC’s technologies, answering RFPs and supporting prospects during the sales cycle.
- Integrate new capabilities and 3rd party systems into VITEC’s EZ TV Platform to enhance its functionality and to meet the needs of customers and partners.
- Work with VITEC’s R&D teams to validate new software and hardware, assist with integration tasks, add value-add features and capabilities to existing and new products.
- Support outbound marketing activities such as tradeshows, conferences, panels and discussions with strategus integrators and partners.
- Other duties as needed. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting broadband IP and multicast networks delivering high-quality video with specific focus on over-the-top video streaming.
- Technical depth and breadth in the following disciplines: IPTV middleware, video compression, video Metadata (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.24, Internet Streaming), digital video receivers and decoders, satellite communications fundamentals, video servers, IP networking, set-top boxes and Web-based client/server applications.
- Networking experience including knowledge in configuration of multicast, IGMP and other video protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training materials for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. of VITEC products.
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years’ experience working with, installing and supporting IPTV equipment/Network Devices/Video Streaming Services.
- Cisco Network training/Certifications is preferred.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. VITEC is a pioneer in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP. Our end-to-end video streaming solutions enable customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. VITEC’s award-winning IPTV platform is a powerful suite of services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. Our encode/decode solutions are 100% hardware based, including PCIe cards with SDK for custom design or OEM for high-performance video systems.
Headquartered in Paris, France, we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
How to Apply
VITEC is an equal opportunity employer, and the only thing that matters to us is your ability to do this role. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with an indication of your salary expectations to email@example.comApply now for IPTV Support Engineer
Other open positions
Stay in Touch with VITECFollow us on social media:
VITEC Green InitiativeVITEC’s Positive Green Choices to Go Carbon Neutral in 2021
Pioneering The Field of Technology
VITEC has been pioneering the field of MPEG technology ever since it introduced the world's first MPEG-1 encoder for Micro Computers in 1992.