Winner: VITEC EZ TV IPTV & Digital Signage Platform
As one of the hottest sectors in AV, the Digital Signage sector has seen continuous innovation in displays, interactivity, media players, audience monitoring and analysis. This category is open to developers, manufacturers and systems integrators involved in developing digital signage for clients in institutional and commercial markets including retail, transportation, stadia and other entertainment venues, museums and galleries.
VITEC’s Enterprise Grade IPTV & Digital Signage Platform combines powerful Digital Signage capabilities with broadcast quality IPTV distribution with into an all-in-one solution.
Designed to integrate seamlessly with any IT environment, EZ TV is the ideal digital signage solution for enterprise customers, sports stadiums and arenas, medical facilities and government agencies looking for a secure, scalable, cost-effective way to distribute video and display dynamic signs using their existing IP network.
About the AV News Awards
The AV News Awards have a special place within Europe’s audiovisual industry, being focused on the people and community that make the business work. The Awards recognise the contribution made by the individuals in the labs and R&D centres, the sales and marketing teams and those involved in training and support for the technologies and services that comprise AV solutions.
The Awards also recognise excellence in AV technologies and in the channel that delivers them to market. AV News is delighted that the Awards again attracted a strong group of nominees and would like to extend its thanks to all those who undertook the task of filling in the forms, and to the Award sponsors who again made the whole thing possible.
- Communicate with your audience and turn any screen into a digital signage opportunity: Driven by VITEC’s high-performance, hardware-based endpoints, operators can turn any screen on the network into a new monetary opportunity, delivering eye-catching digital content with dynamic data and the highest quality IPTV content — all managed from a centralised server. The onboard administration and analytics tools empower organisations with campaign information vital to pulling in untapped revenue streams.
- All-in-one system: Unlike other signage solutions designed as stand-alone systems – EZ TV’s Digital Signage software suite is tightly integrated with the IPTV Portal to form a powerful all-in-one platform that streamlines video and Signage work-flows, simplifies configuration and management and allows the operator to mix IPTV content with signage on any display while maintaining highest broadcast quality. VITEC’s Digital Signage End-Points feature dual discrete hardware processors for the ultimate TV experience combining Full-HD videos, live IPTV streams, picture playlists, social media content, dynamically updating data such as sports scores, meeting rooms and food catering databases – all using a small, PoE-enabled cost effective video player appliance.
- Ultra-low latency, mission-critical reliability: Designed to ensure 100% up time for an organization’s critical IPTV and Signage services – EZ TV uses VITEC’s cutting edge video playback and security engines to deliver the lowest latency playback on any device. The hardware-based IPTV set-top-boxes and Signage Endpoints cost a fraction of the price of PC-based media players while consistently delivering a smooth, secure, uninterrupted viewing experience for the most demanding graphics and video applications. These ASIC-based decoders guarantee longer service life and less time spent troubleshooting problems during major events.
- Latest compression standards: EZ TV supports the latest compression standard HEVC (H.265) up to 4K, in addition to HD and SD live and on-demand streams in MPEG-1/2/4 and H.264 formats. Full integration with Microsoft Active Directory for managing access to live and on demand content for network users and groups using PCs, STB and mobile devices. EZ TV gives the audience an engaging and interactive experience, whilst offering users robust digital signage features, including easy-to-use signage authoring, administration, and analytics tools.
- Seamless integration and easy to manage: Designed to integrate with any IT environment and run on all types of networks — including LAN, WAN, and wireless — EZ TV is a future-proof and scalable platform for centralised creation, distribution, and monitoring of live and on-demand content that can be shown on every display throughout a facility.
Link to AV News Magazine digital issue covering the winners: https://content.yudu.com/libraryHtml/A43vvp/AVNewsMarch2020/reader.html?page=12&origin=reader
Link to website story: https://www.avnews.co.uk/av-news-awards-2020-the-winners/