Product Conformity Quality Engineer
About the Role
We are recruiting for a Product Conformity Quality Engineer. Reporting to the Global Quality Manager, this is a new position created to ensure all new and existing products meet the required product specific regulatory requirements for the global market.
Main duties include:
- Identify and study regulatory and normative constraints (electrical safety, EMC, labelling, user manual, restrictions of hazardous substances, import/export control, etc) applicable to our products for each targeted regional markets.
- Work closely with product teams, engineering, and external laboratories to get products approved to the required level of trade and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare declarations of conformity and technical files as well as manage country-specific registration and approval procedures. Participate in product release reviews.
- Document guidance and good practices, maintain our knowledge base. Train and support teams within the various VITEC entities.
- Monitor regulation changes and assess impact. Manage reporting required by authorities (WEEE waste, dual-use goods, etc).
- As part of our environmental policy, measure the environmental footprint of our products (carbon footprint) and promote our eco-design approach within the group.
- As a member of the Quality team, you will also contribute to the day-to-day quality activities (group quality system, internal audit, product change request…) and take part in improvement initiatives with various working groups.
- Educated to Degree level – preferably Engineering – or having experience in a similar role. A junior profile could be accepted.
- Curious minded, not afraid to apprehend foreign regulations and product technical standards. This is a key part of the role, training in this area will be provided.
- Able to work independently to effectively research, analyse, and interpret data - translate and share knowledge with colleagues and teams.
- Strong analytical skills/attention to detail.
- It is essential the postholder can properly apprehend legal texts in English and communicate effectively in the English language. VITEC is an English-speaking Company.
VITEC is a French ETI created in 1988. We currently have over 500 employees in 17 countries around the world.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. VITEC is a pioneer in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP. Our end-to-end video streaming solutions enable customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. VITEC’s award-winning IPTV platform is a powerful suite of services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing.
Headquartered in Paris, France, we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
How to Apply
VITEC is an equal opportunity employer, and the only thing that matters to us is your ability to do this role. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with an indication of your salary expectations to careers.france@~@vitec.comApply now for Product Conformity Quality Engineer
Other open positions
Stay in Touch with VITECFollow us on social media:
VITEC Green InitiativeVITEC’s Positive Green Choices to Go Carbon Neutral in 2021
VITEC has been pioneering the field of MPEG technology ever since it introduced the world's first MPEG-1 encoder for Micro Computers in 1992.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. A market leader in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP, our end-to-end solutions enable our customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. The award-winning EZ TV system is a powerful suite of IPTV services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. 100% hardware based encode/decode solutions, PCIe cards with SDK provide custom design and OEM provide high-performance video systems.
VITEC is headquartered in Paris, France and we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
› Learn more about VITEC's background
VITEC Success Stories — Be inspired by the VITEC Success Stories of solutions that can be tailored to each customer's unique market needs, with easy-to-use technologies that ensure the delivery of high-quality, low-latency HD video, capturing live and recorded events for seamless distribution in a multitude of formats anytime, anywhere, to any device.
VITEC Green Initiative — Going carbon neutral is our comprehensive plan to reduce greenhouse gases and to take responsibility for the greenhouse gas emissions we create every time we drive our cars, fly, or turn on our computers. VITEC’s Green Initiative is a serious endeavor to control our environmental impact and have our business operations be carbon neutral by 2021.
› Learn more about VITEC's Green Initiative