IPTV Systems Engineer
About the role
This is a full-time, salaried position. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Deployments, and as a member of the Customer Success Team, this position will be responsible for pre-sales and post-sales activities related to VITEC’s comprehensive range of IPTV, video streaming, and Digital Signage solutions. The role will apply a deep technical understanding to the successful management and delivery of complex solutions to a wide range of VITEC customers. The Customer Success Team is dedicated to building customer relationships and continually enhancing the customer experience.
- Act as project manager for deployments of VITEC solutions, by coordinating meetings, managing timelines, staying within budget, tracking activities, and delivering world-class service and support to customers.
- Spearhead and assist with post-sales activities within the Sports & Entertainment Venues, Broadcast, Corporate, Hospitality, Government, and Military markets.
- Troubleshoot, solve, and document technical issues at the system, software, or integration level.
- Work with VITEC’s Sales team on discovering new business opportunities, promoting VITEC’s technologies, answering RFPs, and supporting prospects during the sales-cycle.
- Integrate new capabilities and 3rd party systems into VITEC’s IPTV Platforms to enhance its functionality and to meet the needs of customers and partners.
- Work with VITEC’s R&D Teams to validate new software and hardware, assist with integration task, add value-add features and capabilities to existing and new products.
- Support outbound marketing activities such as tradeshows, conferences, panels and discussions with strategic integrators and partners.
- Travel to customer sites, tradeshows and conferences, and company meetings is required and will account for up to 30% of working time (annual average). Months with low and high peaks are to be expected.
- These job functions do not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience operating, installing, and supporting IPTV equipment, network devices, video streaming services, or digital signage systems.
- 2+ years managing the deployment of technology systems.
- Networking certifications are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting broadband IP and multicast networks delivering high-quality video with specific focus on over-the-top video streaming.
- Technical depth and breadth in the following disciplines: IPTV middle ware, video compression, video Metadata (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, OTT), digital video encoders and decoders, satellite communications fundamentals, video services, IP networking, set-top boxes, and web-based client/server applications.
- Networking experience, including knowledge in the configuration of multicast, IGMP, IGMP Snooping, PIM, and other protocols that enhance video transport.
- Ability to create training materials and deliver training sessions, for technical and non-technical audiences.
- A broad understanding of how major components fitting into an end-to-end video TV broadcast headend system.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Desktop, Windows Server, and Linux-based operating systems.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organizations harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. VITEC is a pioneer in the
design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP. Our end-to-end video streaming solutions enable customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network. From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. VITEC’s award-winning IPTV platform is a powerful suite of services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. Our encode/decode solutions are 100% hardware based, including PCIe cards with SDK for custom design or OEM for high-performance video systems. Headquartered in Paris, France, we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company
and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
How to Apply
VITEC is an equal opportunity employer, and the only thing that matters to us is your ability to do this role. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with an indication of your salary expectations to email@example.comApply now for IPTV Systems Engineer
Other open positions
Stay in Touch with VITECFollow us on social media:
VITEC Green InitiativeVITEC’s Positive Green Choices to Go Carbon Neutral in 2021
VITEC has been pioneering the field of MPEG technology ever since it introduced the world's first MPEG-1 encoder for Micro Computers in 1992.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. A market leader in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP, our end-to-end solutions enable our customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. The award-winning EZ TV system is a powerful suite of IPTV services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. 100% hardware based encode/decode solutions, PCIe cards with SDK provide custom design and OEM provide high-performance video systems.
VITEC is headquartered in Paris, France and we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
› Learn more about VITEC's background
VITEC Success Stories — Be inspired by the VITEC Success Stories of solutions that can be tailored to each customer's unique market needs, with easy-to-use technologies that ensure the delivery of high-quality, low-latency HD video, capturing live and recorded events for seamless distribution in a multitude of formats anytime, anywhere, to any device.
VITEC Green Initiative — Going carbon neutral is our comprehensive plan to reduce greenhouse gases and to take responsibility for the greenhouse gas emissions we create every time we drive our cars, fly, or turn on our computers. VITEC’s Green Initiative is a serious endeavor to control our environmental impact and have our business operations be carbon neutral by 2021.
› Learn more about VITEC's Green Initiative