Digital Content Designer
About the Role
The main scope of the Digital Content Designer is to support various teams within the company, e.g., Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Product Management, in the creation of digital assets, customer digital signage templates, graphical user interfaces and other visual communications.
Role Specific Responsibilities – with a focus on design services:
- Work with the Sales Team, creating pre-sales and customer specific digital assets, digital signage and customer IPTV portals (interactive graphical interfaces) for use in sales presentations, demonstrations and customer deployments.
- Engage with sales teams, customers and partners to drive the design process from initial brief to final approved designs – this will involve direct contact and briefing sessions with the end customer and sales team.
- Estimate the time required to complete a design services job in agreement with sales teams and keep accurate track of hours spent on each project.
- Ensure adequate testing of all customer portals/signage before releasing, engaging with other internal departments to ensure a high quality outcome.
- Provide feedback to Product teams on digital signage/IPTV portal user interfaces and workflows, in an effort to improve the customer experience
- Potential to train customers on the digital signage/IPTV portal solutions, providing insight, experiences, and best practices.
- Design and develop appropriate portals and digital signage for demo purposes across a wide range of market verticals.
- Provide graphic design support to the marketing team, working through design briefs for a wide range of collateral, including but not limited to printed material, digital content for social media and advertising.
- Source and build a library of suitable photographic and video content for demo purposes, representing a range of industries and associated services (ongoing via subscriptions to Adobe Stock and Shutterstock).
- Where required, develop software application interface icons and other UX graphical elements.
- Work within the general brand guidelines across the full range of sales and marketing deliverables, making room to explore and develop the brands as befits the content or audience.
- General work practices:
- Ensure consistent design and high-quality production of all printed and digital collateral that is fit for purpose
- Schedule time for continual learning and proficiency in the core creative tools (Adobe Creative Suite, video, animation)
- Allow time for thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts to move the brand forward
- Build in time for proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Maintain awareness of what the industry/competition is doing ‘out there’ to ensure the VITEC brand is suitable for the audience but also bring creativity, flair and stand-out
- Produce high resolution print-ready files for print and liaise with printers where required, sourcing print quotes and managing print production
With a keen eye for detail, creative flair and a passion for impactful communications and customer-friendly user experience, the candidate should bring strong technical ability and experience in core graphic design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, and a professional approach to meeting design briefs and team collaboration.
- Adobe Creative Suite in particular InDesign
- Demonstrate strong understanding of colour, layout, typography and the power of good design to communicate
- Some experience in video design and production would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to quickly pick up and use new technology/software applications
Personal Skills & Experience
- Confidence in your creative ability
- A passion for digital and professional development
- Confidence in communicating ideas with both internal stakeholders and customers
- Self-motivated, quick-learner and able to work accurately and to deadlines
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. VITEC is a pioneer in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP. Our end-to-end video streaming solutions enable customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. VITEC’s award-winning IPTV platform is a powerful suite of services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. Our encode/decode solutions are 100% hardware based, including PCIe cards with SDK for custom design or OEM for high-performance video systems.
Headquartered in Paris, France, we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
How to Apply
VITEC is an equal opportunity employer, and the only thing that matters to us is your ability to do this role. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply now for Digital Content Designer
Other open positions
Stay in Touch with VITECFollow us on social media:
VITEC Green InitiativeVITEC’s Positive Green Choices to Go Carbon Neutral in 2021
VITEC has been pioneering the field of MPEG technology ever since it introduced the world's first MPEG-1 encoder for Micro Computers in 1992.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. A market leader in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP, our end-to-end solutions enable our customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. The award-winning EZ TV system is a powerful suite of IPTV services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. 100% hardware based encode/decode solutions, PCIe cards with SDK provide custom design and OEM provide high-performance video systems.
VITEC is headquartered in Paris, France and we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
VITEC Success Stories — Be inspired by the VITEC Success Stories of solutions that can be tailored to each customer's unique market needs, with easy-to-use technologies that ensure the delivery of high-quality, low-latency HD video, capturing live and recorded events for seamless distribution in a multitude of formats anytime, anywhere, to any device.
VITEC Green Initiative — Going carbon neutral is our comprehensive plan to reduce greenhouse gases and to take responsibility for the greenhouse gas emissions we create every time we drive our cars, fly, or turn on our computers. VITEC’s Green Initiative is a serious endeavor to control our environmental impact and have our business operations be carbon neutral by 2021.