Customer Support Engineer- IPTV Systems- Federal
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to join VITEC as an IPTV Systems Engineer has become available! Between our east coast office in Atlanta, Georgia and our west coast office in Sunnyvale, California, VITEC has regional locations throughout the USA. Our recently upgraded office in Atlanta continues to expand, as the US based core manufacturing and shipping hub for VITEC worldwide.
From corporate to government and broadcast, the US work force has pushed VITEC to master video technology and pioneer innovative streaming solutions, and to build a brighter video future for the world and beyond.
This opportunity is a full-time salaried position, reporting into the Director of Customer Success with some dotted line responsibilities to the VP of Federal Sales and VP of Business Development.
Location - In-office role in Atlanta Georgia. Remote role when experience and qualifications are met. Remote locations include TX, MN, IL, OH, CA, VA, FL, MA, NJ, NC, VT, WI, KY & D.C.
If successful, you will assist in growing the business with the US Federal Government and Department of Defense. Responsible for post-sales activities related to VITEC’s comprehensive range of IPTV, video streaming, and Digital Signage solutions. Deep technical understanding is vital to ensure the successful management and delivery of complex solutions to VITEC’s Federal and military customers. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, technically proficient individual with experience in US Federal or DoD networking environments.
- Work closely with Sales, Business Development, and Product Management teams to develop tailored solutions for customers to meet their needs.
- Participate in product demonstrations of VITEC products appropriate for Federal use-cases.
- Document and present end-to-end solutions for video architectures supporting Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance workflows.
- Act as primary technical liaison between US Federal Team and Product Management, providing Federalspecific requirements and input to roadmap development process.
- Act as technical lead on initiatives to obtain and maintain government and military certifications.
- Assist sales managers with overall account management within assigned accounts.
- Assist sales account managers with project management for complex post sales engagements.
- Complete technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses for assigned accounts.
- Remain knowledgeable and current with industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets, including competitive information.
- Establish long-term relationships with resellers & integrators.
- Attending and assisting in regional training and tradeshows as necessary.
- Work with the Customer Success Support team to help move Federal Support Tickets to a close.
- Up to 50% travel. Months with low or high peaks are to be expected.
- Spearhead and assist with post-sales activities within the Government, and Military markets.
- Troubleshoot, solve, and document technical issues at the system, software, or integration level.
- Work with VITEC’s Sales team on discovering new business opportunities, promoting VITEC’s technologies, answering RFPs, and supporting prospects during the sales-cycle.
- Integrate new capabilities and 3rd party systems into VITEC’s IPTV Platforms to enhance its functionality and to meet the needs of customers and partners.
- Work with VITEC’s R&D Teams to validate new software and hardware, assist with integration task, add valueadd features and capabilities to existing and new products.
- Support outbound marketing activities such as tradeshows, conferences, panels, and discussions with strategic partners.
- You will be educated to BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent.
- You’ll have experience working with a Federal and /or a military customer base.
- A strong technical background with proven experience in post-sales. Computer software, streaming, digital video, IP networking, Datalinks, SATCOM, Enterprise streaming solutions, Video Encoding Hardware, Video on Demand, systems, Digital Video.
- Familiarity in DISA STIG compliance testing.
- Operating, installing, and supporting IPTV equipment, network devices, video streaming services, or digital signage systems.
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting broadband IP and multicast networks delivering high-quality video with specific focus on over-the-top video streaming.
- Technical depth and breadth in the following disciplines: IPTV middle ware, video compression, video Metadata (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, Over The Top (OTT), digital video encoders and decoders, satellite communications fundamentals, video services, IP networking, set-top boxes, and web-based client/server applications.
- Networking, including knowledge in the configuration of multicast, IGMP, IGMP Snooping, PIM, and other protocols that enhance video transport. Networking certifications are preferred.
- A broad understanding of how major components fit into an end-to-end video TV broadcast headend system.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Desktop, Windows Server, and Linux-based operating systems.
We`d also like you to be
- Self-motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent at problem-solving and the ability to think “outside of the box”.
- A superior communicator, written and oral communication skills.
- Great at presenting, creating, and delivering training materials to technical and non-technical audiences. Able to articulate the advantages of our solutions to business and technical decision makers.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organizations harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. VITEC is a pioneer in the
design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP. Our end-to-end video streaming solutions enable customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. VITEC’s award-winning IPTV platform is a powerful suite of services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. Our encode/decode solutions are 100% hardware based, including PCIe cards with SDK for custom design or OEM for high-performance video systems.
Headquartered in Paris, France, we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
Why work for VITEC?
People Our people come first. Our teams are dynamic and inclusive and each person in every team is unique and valued. We are big on autonomy and empowering individuals to make a difference.
Work/life balance When you thrive, we thrive. Work- life balance is the key to a rewarding career. As you grow and develop, you’ll discover the tools, culture, and opportunities to help personalise your career journey, so it’s as unique and ambitious as you are. Hybrid and flexible working options are available too, where possible.
Growth Potential Working internationally with our team of experts means an always learning approach and there are lots of ways to play, problem solve and create. This growth will continue; innovation and evolution are key. Our growth is phenomenal – check out our company timeline and corporate overview – our future direction is clear.
Diversity and Inclusion Diversity, inclusiveness, and your career are vital to our success. Your point of view matters and you deserve to feel included. We empower you to use your voice and talents to help others find theirs. Whoever you are, we believe your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
Team Culture Our inclusive corporate culture provides opportunities to grow your career. Our people create great work in a relaxed way, regardless of where their workstation is. Small teams mean your efforts and the great decision you make every day are seen. We’ve created a great team environment, with regular meetups for team collaborations and to share fun times together as well.
Benefits We take care of everyone. What makes us tick is our people. Our people are everything. The VITEC benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. You can find out more about the benefits we offer from the HR Contact in Country.
How to Apply
VITEC is an equal opportunity employer, and the only thing that matters to us is your ability to do this role. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with an indication of your salary expectations to
Apply now for Customer Support Engineer- IPTV Systems- Federal
Other open positions
Stay in Touch with VITECFollow us on social media:
VITEC Green InitiativeVITEC’s Positive Green Choices to Go Carbon Neutral in 2021
Pioneering The Field of Technology
VITEC has been pioneering the field of MPEG technology ever since it introduced the world's first MPEG-1 encoder for Micro Computers in 1992.
VITEC is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. A market leader in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP, our end-to-end solutions enable our customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, VITEC has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. The award-winning EZ TV system is a powerful suite of IPTV services for content management, digital signage, video archiving, and video wall processing. 100% hardware based encode/decode solutions, PCIe cards with SDK provide custom design and OEM provide high-performance video systems.
VITEC is headquartered in Paris, France and we have a global reach through our offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, VITEC is the first Zero Carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG™ for continued environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
› Learn more about VITEC's background
VITEC Success Stories — Be inspired by the VITEC Success Stories of solutions that can be tailored to each customer's unique market needs, with easy-to-use technologies that ensure the delivery of high-quality, low-latency HD video, capturing live and recorded events for seamless distribution in a multitude of formats anytime, anywhere, to any device.
VITEC Green Initiative — Going carbon neutral is our comprehensive plan to reduce greenhouse gases and to take responsibility for the greenhouse gas emissions we create every time we drive our cars, fly, or turn on our computers. VITEC’s Green Initiative is a serious endeavor to control our environmental impact and have our business operations be carbon neutral by 2021.
› Learn more about VITEC's Green Initiative