MGW Ace is the world's first H.265 & H.264 hardware encoder in a professional-grade, low footprint, compact streaming appliance. With real-time 100% hardware HEVC compression, MGW Ace enables users to stream broadcast quality 1080p video with up to 50% bandwidth savings compared to today's H.264 standards.
From live News Broadcasting in the field, Point-to-Point contribution of HD video, live streaming from or within Sports Venues to distribution of mission-critical Military Imagery - MGW Ace makes it more efficient than ever to deliver the highest quality IPTV streams over satellite links, private networks and over the internet.
MGW Ace features a wide range of inputs including HD-SDI, SDI, HDMI, DVI and Composite, user-intuitive web management software with full control of all H.265 compression settings. A secondary hardware based MPEG4-H.264 chip offers the ability to stream H.264 video in parallel to the network-efficient HEVC to support legacy systems.
The portable HEVC encoder features low power consumption compared to software-based HEVC encoders running on large multi-CPU servers. MGW Ace makes it possible to take next generation HEVC encoding from the server rooms into the field for Broadcast applications with easy integration to transport cases, TV trucks, portable cases, vehicles and aircraft.
MGW Ace is the most advanced Situational Awareness video streaming system. With KLV / STANAG military metadata support, MGW Ace enables Government and Military entities to dramatically reduce network bandwidth utilization while delivering higher video quality for any Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
To read more about MGW Ace Encoder video quality accomplishment thanks to VITEC's HEVC Gen2 encoding core, click the link below.
- Satellite News Gathering and Field Broadcasting
- Streaming Situational Awareness and FMV content across LANs and WANs
- Point-to-Point video contribution with low delay
- Intelligence Security and Surveillance (ISR) video from ground and airborne vehicles
- Full HD 1080p monitoring and Command and Control
- Encoding and multicasting High-Res HDMI / DVI / Computer sources
- Sharing PC Screen views over IP with local and remote users
- Streaming Full Motion Video to Desktop, TV and Mobile Devices over bandwidth-limited pipes
DownloadMGW Ace Datasheet
MGW Ace - High Res Image
- Next-generation HEVC (H.265) compression reduces network bandwidth by up to 50% compared to H.264
- Reduces costs associated with dedicated Satellite, Cellular, Broadband network pipes
- Portable, low-power hardware design – optimized for field use and for vehicles (28VDC power input)
- Supports both HEVC and H.264 – built for the future without losing support for legacy receivers/decoders
- KLV / STANAG metadata ingest and multiplexing – JITC-Compliant
- Transport infrastructure agnostic: Satellite, xDSL, LANs, WANs, 3G/4G/LTE and FTTx